Squat exercises will make a major difference in your butt and help you get the sexy visual appearance you want. Here are three great examples of squat exercises that will work your total lower body while also toning and shaping your butt.
Best Butt Exercise: Squat
The squat is the KING of all butt building exercises. The squat is a compound movement that directly targets the entire gluteal area. When using weight, the squat can be made light or heavy depending upon what your goals are. If you want a bigger butt, go heavy with less reps. If you want to just firm your butt up, lighten up and do more reps.
Squat form is the most important thing to keep in mind when performing squat exercises.
- Stand with feet side by side and shoulder width apart.
- Lower hips in a slow and controlled manner as if you are lowering yourself onto a chair.
- Keep your knees over your toes and your back and torso straight and tight.
- Pause for a count, then slowly stand back up to the starting position.
Best Butt Exercise: Ball Squat
If you're new to the squat exercise, using a stability ball will ensure you use the proper form by creating a base for balance and axis of movement.
Ball Squat Form
- Stand up straight with a stability ball between your lower back and the wall.
- Place your feet slightly in front of you, hip-width apart so that your knees stay behind your toes.
- Once in position, perform the squat as described above.
Best Butt Exercise: Sissy Squat
The sissy squat is a variation on the traditional squat. Although it focuses on the quadriceps, it’s great for hitting the glutes as well. For those just starting out, body weight is sufficient... the more advanced may hold a weight plate in one arm to increase the difficulty.
Sissy Squat Form
- Hold onto a support with your free arm, stand in a classic squat position.
- Slowly bend your knees and while leaning back, lower yourself to the bottom of a squat position. Your weight should focus on the balls of your feet.
- Pause for a count, then raise your body back up to the start position.
Squats the Best Exercise for Your Butt Bottom Line
Eat well, do your cardio along with these squat exercises and your firmer, sexier butt will be within your grasp.
About Lynn Glenn
Lynn Glenn is a 63 year old natural athlete from southern California who started weight lifting at the ripe young age of 48. After catching the "bodybuilding bug" Lynn Glenn became interested in living a healthy lifestyle and began writing about hot topics in the areas of health, fitness, disease prevention, diet, nutrition, diet and weight loss, men's fitness, cardio training, and anti aging.