Black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper – none of these spices are new or unusual to most people. In fact, these are spices that many of us use on a regular basis, especially black pepper. But did you know that these spices also have many health benefits? Did you know that there is more reason to use these spices than to simply add flavor and spice to a meal?
Our bodies take in toxins every day. These toxins come from:
- Atmospheric pollution
- Smoking/second hand smoke
- Alcohol use
- Through pesticides on your foods
- By eating unhealthy convenience foods loaded with preservatives
- Drinking chlorinated water; water with low level heavy metal impurities
- Skin care products you use
- Aluminum containing deodorants, and your own metabolic wastes
- Metabolic processing of food (through cell waste, and through each meal where we eliminate less than what we have eaten).
Reiki (Ray-Key) is a Japanese healing technique. It is used to increase energy, reduce stress, prevent illness and promote healing.
Reiki is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. Reiki can be performed on yourself or by others.