This fat free cheesecake recipe makes 12 servings, or if you eat like me, 1 evening of bliss!
Fat Free Cheesecake Ingredients
- 5 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) ground pecans
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries (you can also use any other fruit for a different fruit topping)
- 2 tablespoons water
Fat Free Cheesecake Directions
- Bring the fat free cream cheese to room temperature Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add the sugar, non fat sour cream, flour, and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the egg substitute and mix only until combined. Do not over mix once the egg substitute is added.
- To make the crust, measure the pecans after grinding them up in a food processor or blender, then return them to the processor. Add the graham cracker crumbs and 1-1/2 tsp sugar and pulse for 15 seconds to form a fine meal. Spray the inside of the 9-1/2 inch spring form pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Wipe off any excess spray around the top rim of the pan. The spray should only coat the bottom and up about 2 inches on the sides. Dump the crumbs into the pan and swirl the pan so that the bottom and sides are coated with the crumbs. Lightly tap out any excess.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pan, being careful not to disturb the crumbs when pouring. Gently spread the cheese mixture close to the edge, but don't touch the sides or you may disturb the crumbs.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is firm. The center may not entirely set until cooled. Cover and cool for 2 hrs at room temp then refrigerate. Chill for 2 hours before removing the rim of the pan.
- To make the strawberry glaze. Prepare the strawberry glaze by combining the strawberries, sugar, and water in microwave safe bowl. Cover, and microwave on 50% power for 2 minute If strawberries are still frozen, you may have to heat the mixture for 4-5 minute Stir to dissolve sugar and let stand 10-15 minute Pour mixture into blender and puree until smooth. Strain and chill.
- Cut cheesecake into 12 slices. Serve each slice with about 1 tbsp strawberry sauce on top.
Fat Free Cheesecake Nutritional Breakdown
Serving Size 1 slice, Amount per Serving
- Calories: 126 per slice
- Calories from Fat: 5
- Total Fat 0.6g
- Saturated Fat 0.12g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.18g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0.44g
- Total Carbohydrate 29.42g
- Sugars 26.66g
- Protein 1.89g
Note: this fat free cheesecake desert can also be made using a baking sugar alternative like Splenda. To do this substitute the sugar for Splenda. This would lower the calories per serving to approximately 108 calories per slice, and the total carbohydrates to approximately 29 grams per serving.