SPG Speed Gel is a topical pain relieving gel with 12 natural ingredients. Speed Gel claims when rubbed in it blunts pain, reduces inflammation, stops muscle soreness and promotes healing. Let’s take a look at SPG Speed Gel’s pain relieving gel to see if it lives up to its claims.
Speed Gel Pain Relieving Gel Description
Speed Gel is an over-the-counter (OTC) anti-inflammatory and pain relief gel that delivers powerful treatment through the skin, deep into muscles and tissue. Instead of masking your symptoms with hot and cold or strong-smelling oils, this patented transdermal gel delivers active ingredients through the skin to block pain signals, reduce bruising and inflammation and kick-start your body's natural recovery.
The term "transdermal" literally means "crossing the skin." Speed Gel's patented transdermal gel passes through the skin and soft tissue, delivering concentrated active ingredients directly to the site of your injury. This revolutionary delivery method ensures stronger, faster and safer treatment for pain and inflammation.
Speed Gel Pain Relieving Ingredients
Speed Gel's clinically-proven active ingredients create a powerful natural pain reliever, with no strong-smelling chemicals or oils.
Description of Speed Gel’s Pain Relieving Ingredients-Indications
- Arnica Montana 3X HPUS-Stimulates the healing of injured tissues, contusions, reduces edema, bruising and inflammation, analgesic
- Calendula Officinalis 1X HPUS-Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, promotes granulation
- Millefolium 1X HPUS-Anti-inflammatory, for bruising and hematomas
- Hamamelis Virginiana 1X HPUS-Analgesic, antiphlogistic, astringent
- Belladonna 3X HPUS-Localized inflammation, anti-spasmodic
- Aconitum Napellus 3X HPUS-Arthritis, rheumatism, hemostasis, analgesia
- Chamomilla 1X HPUS-Anti-inflammatory, promotes healing of tissues
- Symphytum Officinale 4X HPUS-Neuropathy, causalgia, hypersensitive skin
- Bellis Perennis 1X HPUS-Dislocations, reduces bruising and edema
- Echinacea Angustifolia 1X HPUS-Reduces inflammation and inhibits hyaluronidase, anti-bacterial
- Echinacea Purpurea 1X HPUS-Stimulates fibroblasts, inhibits histamine inflammatory effects
- Hypericum Perforatum 6X HPUS-Neuropathic pains, hemostasis
Speed Gel’s Inactive Ingredients
- Proprietary Gel, US patent# 5,654,337
Speed Gel’s Advertised Uses
The company advertises that speed gel's patented transdermal powerful anti-inflammatory and pain relief agents treat:
- sports injuries
- sprains & strains
- neck pain
- back pain
- joint & muscle pain
- bruising & swelling
- shoulder & elbow injuries
- knee pain
- and much more
Speed Gel’s Pain Relieving Promises
Speed Gel promises fast results in first 20 to 30 minutes and significant healing results after 2 to 3 applications. The company states that Speed Gel uses patented transdermal process that allows the gel to pass through the skin and soft tissue quickly to deliver deep, concentrated active ingredients directly to the site of your injury. The company claims their revolutionary delivery method ensures stronger, faster and safer treatment for pain and inflammation.
Speed Gel’s Retail Price
$19.95-Company Website http://www.speedgel.com/
Speed Gel’s Pain Relieving Pros
- No burning
- 100% Natural ingredients
- No smell. Most sports injury creams and muscle rubs use strong-smelling oils like menthol, camphor or methyl salicylate to create a heating or cooling sensation on your skin, which does not necessarily translate into deep heat treatment of the muscle or joints.
- Transdermal gel does not need to first travel to the stomach, where they are digested and may cause stomach irritation or kidney damage. The active ingredients of a transdermal gel enter the bloodstream, and treatment is equally distributed throughout the entire body, providing little medicine to the injured site.
Speed Gel’s Pain Relieving Cons
- No immediate relief as you get when using icy/hot type of products.
- Works on muscle soreness after one application but arthritic joints it takes 3 or 4 applications before noticing any differences in joints.
Does Speed Gel do what it promises?
Speed Gel does do what it promises. The question is to what degree? For arthritic joints and other joint type injuries, Speed Gel works to a lesser degree and falls short to its claims. For muscle soreness, bruises and other miner sport injuries, Speed Gel does hold up to its claims.
Speed Gel’s Pain Reliever Overall Assessment
As long as you’re only expecting some arthritic relief and not a cure, I believe Speed Gel is a good pain relieving product. For muscle soreness, bruises and other types of minor sports injuries I believe Speed Gel holds up to its claims and can compete with other pain relieving products currently on the market.
Bottom Line on SPG Speed Gel Pain Reliving Gel
I have a severe arthritic shoulder and I need to take pain relievers to help me get through my workouts. After applying a couple before and after workout applications of Speed Gel on my shoulder, I did feel some additional joint relief. Where I felt the greatest relief was when I applied Speed Gel to my traps when muscle soreness developed from overtraining. After one application my muscle soreness started to disappear. After second application the soreness disappeared completely. I believe Speed Gel is a good product and I’m making room for Speed Gel in my medicine cabinet.